1. All bats are mammals.
2. Bats are nocturnal, a word that means sleep at day, and are awake at night!
3. Bats can fly better than birds 🐦, because of their long spread-out digits covered with a thin membrane! The membrane in the wings is called patagium.
4. Bats have sort of a bad reputation to some people. It would mean a lot to me if you told your friends about these facts: it could change their minds!
5. Bats urinate and defecate while in flight, which means they pee and poo 💩 in flight! 🤢
6. This pic is going to be of a vampire bat! No, don’t be afraid! The mini blood-suckers are not everywhere!! They are just in some places. Now, for the picture!
Many peeps hate (and maybe even are scared of) bats. But, hopefully, this blogpost will change the minds of bat haters and people scared of bats. Just remember one thing: don’t be afraid of them all! If a vampire bat saw this:
They would say:
Let me tell you a story…
A while ago, we were in the Cotswolds housesitting. (See my blog about the Cotswolds.) We looked after a cat. And the cat was indoor-outdoor. One night, the cat brought my dad a surprise… a not-at-all bloody, dead bat!
The next morning, I awoke to instantly inspect it, with a magnifying glass 🔍!
the end of the story
This blogpost was really fun, and it took me a while so I hope you liked it!